Sunday, September 12, 2004

Voiceless

Well, almost. A raspy croaking noise does come out of my mouth, but I think there are tiny little Vancouver City workers marching around my vocal cords, with signs that say STOP and DETOUR, making my voice a little below standard.

Recruitment went well today, I think. It's such a tiring process, and none of us brought food, which was a big mistake (no food for nine hours is bad), but all in all it went well. I blow-dried my hair, for the first time in ages (my hair dries pretty straight in the summer), but more importantly for the first time since it was cut, and while it doesn't look exactly like it did when I walked out of the salon, the reproduction is very acceptable. Especially since I don't blow-dry my hair very often, so I really don't know much about the technique of it all. One thing I'm excited about is the fact that my hair takes about 30 minutes less to dry than it did before it was cut. Also, our hairdryer weighs a ton (it's from like the 70's), so any reduction in time is well-appreciated by my feeble arms.

I feel like I've dropped off the Earth this past week. I haven't really had time to talk to anyone, and I don't like it. The first week of school is supposed to be the easy, relaxed part of it all. What happened!? I'll have to investigate.

No comments: