Friday, November 10, 2006

Weather, The News, and 3 Birds

I'm thankful I'm not working today, because frankly, it is disgusting outside. Raining and cold in the most awful way. My brother is working, but I don't feel too bad for him, because he suckered me into giving him a ride there.

This week has been full of good news, especially South of the border; Democrats won both Houses (woooo!), Rumsfeld stepped down (woooo!), and Britney has turned back towards the light, somehow escaping the black hole of suckitude that is KFed (WOOOOOO!). Considering the headlines that have been running on this topic ("Britney Files for Divorce, Fans Weep with Joy"), I almost feel bad for him. No, wait, I really really don't. And yes, the Britvorce gets the biggest cheer; US Government may have a larger global impact, but the Britvorce is proof that you can change your mind on even the biggest of screwed up decisions.

A friend of mine is having a turducken (a chicken, stuffed into a duck, stuffed into a turkey), and I'm very excited to hear about it next week, because
a) I have no idea how one prepares a turducken
b) I'm even more confused as to how one carves a turducken
c) Until now, I always thought a turducken was just a myth. It's like seeing a dragon! Without the part where I get burnt to a cinder.
Anyhow, as a turducken consists of three fowl, when asked my "expert" (hers and my quotation marks, so I can't be offended) opinion on what wine to serve, I went with a Pinot Noir. Because even while trying not to drink the stuff, you pick up a few things.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd be a lot more appetized by the concept of turducken if the first syllable weren't "turd"

Tessa said...

An old roommate of mine went to a party where Turducken was served. As an aspiring Vegan I made sure to register my total and complete disgust with the whole endeavor...perhaps that contributed to the whole not being roomies anymore thing? Interesting...

Evi said...

Anna, my thoughts exactly! (lol) How about durken? ...wait that's only one letter short of drunken...I'll get back to yall on this.
And even though I am not a vegetarian, I agree with Tessa, stuffing meat with more meat, for me is (Evi sticks her index finger in her mouth, nose scrinched).