Sunday, April 17, 2005

Six Things

1. Most of my coworkers who injure themselves at work do it on the slicing machine, or a knife, or the scalding espresso machine, or, in one case, the juicer. I drop a ten kilogram slab of cutting board on my finger and separate the cuticle from the rest of the finger.

2. Last week, a regular customer came in and made a slight change to her usual order, bringing her total to $6.66. This had never happened to me before, so I didn't even know to expect it. She looked at the till at least four times, and then paid. She is a moderately devout Christian. This week, she ordered her food and was supposed to be given the number 13, but I felt so bad about last week that I skipped 13 entirely and gave her 14.

3. Last night there was a surprise party for Anna, at Tessa's house. It involved good food, amazing cake, and Saved!. It also brought together the whole highschool crew, which was really cool. Needless to say, it was good times.

4. I am looking for cheap/loan copies of Phantoms in the Brain (by Ramachandran), He's Just Not That Into You, and Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. If you know of any, please let me know.

5. I have a new bikini and a new shirt, and they are cute. And for Mexico. I'm so excited!

6. I have two finals between now and Friday night. Gotta get crackin'

1 comment:

Tessa said...

When I worked at a bakery I was deathly afraid of the slicing machine. Before I started using it, one of me bosses showed me where he had cut off part of his finger on it. I did eventually cut myself on it too, but it was a fairly minor cut. Thank God.