Sunday, August 14, 2005

Goodbye Parties, Dim Sums, Birthdays, and a Wedding

Sorry it's been so long. I honestly have not had access to a computer since I last posted, which meant my email box today? Massive. In any case, I'll get back to the Penticton saga soon, but let's recount the past few days, shall we?

Last Monday (a whole week ago!) Tessa had her goodbye party. I wasn't able to stay for long, unfortunately, but what portion I did attend was good times. Although I don't quite understand why we're celebrating Tessa's abandonment of us. Stupid Edmonton. Hmpf.

Tuesday, I went to dim sum with some friends, where we ate much food, and drank much tea. Since I've described many a dim sum in this blog, I'll leave it at that.

I then met up with a friend in Holt Renfrew. I'd never really been inside the store, and I have to say, it's very fun, in a "I will never own any of this, ever" kind of way.

The next day, I went to dim sum again! (It was an excellent week, dim sum-wise) This time, however, it was birthday dim sum. We ate a lot. It was awesome. Later that day, we went to Cardero's for a double birthday dinner, which was very nice.

On Friday night, a bunch of us went out to the Buffalo Club, which the week before, had been a lot of fun. This time, it was just too crowded. You could barely breathe, let alone move, and people kept pushing and stepping on me. Was not a huge fan.

Yesterday was the wedding day for two friends of mine. It was a really sweet wedding; the bride was radiant, the groom ecstatic, and everyone cried. I'm so happy for them both; when they look at each other, you can tell there's no one else in their world. It was a beautiful wedding, a fun reception, and in general, a good time.

And now I have work to do. Hopefully I'll see you all in less than 10 days this time!

Congratulations C&L, all the best for your lives together.

No comments: