Thursday, March 16, 2006

Activity Headache

You know when you have one of those days that is so full that at the end, your head hurts, but in a good way? That was today. This morning I got up, ate a hearty breakfast to fortify myself, then muddled my way though makeup (now y'all know it was a big day), and sprinted down the street to catch a bus (which I managed to catch, thank goodness). Why was I in such a hurry? Why, to make it for lunch with this woman, who in addition to being incredibly intelligent and a pioneer of memory psychology, is also surprisingly personable and fun to talk with. It was such a nice lunch, and I'm so happy to have been able to attend (Thanks, L!).

After lunch, I had class for an hour and a half (that was my break).

Then, the aforementioned researcher gave a talk titled Illusions of Memory, which had the most heated question period I've ever experienced in a psychology talk, and then, finally, a reception with (tasty) canapes and mingling. And I know that it doesn't sound like that much when you read it here, but activity headache, people. It was big. And I need sleep. Adieu!

1 comment:

Evi said...

Is this someone that you're interested in working under for an MA? Sounds like it was a very busy day! :)