Monday, August 25, 2008

Miss Mranda got Married!

On Saturday, we all got together to celebrate my dear friend's wedding.  It was wonderful and everything a wedding should be, full of lovely people and a bride and groom so excited to be married they were shaking.  Best wishes to them!

In less exciting news, I've been plugging along at my savings plan, and am pleased to say that I managed to put just under $1500 into savings this month!  that's all I'll save in August, but it's not too shabby, I don't think!  I did realize along the way that I also need to be saving up for gifting-season, so I've opened another account for that, as well as deciding to add another $50 to my emergency account every two weeks.  That way when my circumstances do change, I'll have slightly less distance to go to reach full funding again.  So until I figure out where to get the counter bar-graph graphics, here are my balances (rounded):

Mutual Fund - $3400.00
Emergency Account - $3050.00
Moving Account - $1475.00
Gifting Account - $50.00

Total - $7975.00

Not too bad!  The mutual fund will eventually get rolled into an RRSP/TSFA, so I won't be counting that  from now on, as it's in the "don't ever touch it, ever" category (I think of it as the tax I pay myself), but I'm pretty happy with it all so far.  And my temp job has been extended a bit, so that's great too.  All in all, things are going pretty well on most fronts.  Just have to work on those others....

No comments: