Saturday, September 20, 2008

How'd We Get To September 20th Already?

Oops, sorry y'all.  It's been a while.  Let's recap, shall we?

I've impressed my bosses at temp job enough that they've asked that I stay on until the end of December (woo!)

I asked for a raise (go, ballsy me!) and got it (go raise!)

I went to on a weekend trip to the States and spent a lot of money (but it was totally worth it), but since it didn't touch my savings, and I'd just been given a raise, I figure it was my present to myself.  We went up the space needle, had a lovely seafood dinner served by an appalling waitress, and, as is apparent, shopped our faces off.  It was also the first time in a looong time that I'd gone away on a true holiday, and...I should probably do that more often.  It was lovely. 

And in that same vein, I also asked for 2 weeks off, and got it, so I'm going to EUROPE!  Most of my savings will be focused on my travel fund for the next little while; I'll still be adding a bit to the emergency and apartment funds, and hopefully gifts, but I have some big catching up to do so that I can pay for my trip rather than pay visa to pay for my trip (which is not an option).  I've set up a "count" of my savings on the sidebar there.  Hopefully I can have the travel section there be $2000 by the time I leave.  Here's to tangible goals!

No comments: