Monday, October 10, 2005

Studying and Basketball

Phew. I'm in the middle of studying for a midterm, but as the textbook is so stultifyingly boring, this is a welcome break. So how is everyone? I think you should all leave a comment telling me about one exciting thing that's happened to you in the past week. In the spirit of getting it all started, I'm going to tell you all about the basketball game I played lately.

Yes, basketball. I knowm who actually plays basketball once they're finished high school? The last time I'd really played (beyond the PE teacher-mandated activities) was before then, in elementary school. But the sorority, for the first time in known history, has a basketball team. And after one of my babies quickly explained the rules (yes, we were that rusty; elementary school was ten years ago, people) we did quite well, routing the other team 40-16. Granted, the aforementioned new girl scored 20 of our 40 points, but still, it was a solid team effort. And hilarious. The refs clearly thought we were all morons, which we...can't really fault them for. Heh. Can't wait til the next game.

Alright, back to the studying. Anyone reading this, please, please avoid Clinical Psychology at UBC. The textbook alone is like paper boredom. Ugh. Back I go.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Something exciting? I made chocolate chip banana bread from the Tassajara bread book and it worked and looked all professional. And then I ate most of it before it had a chance to cool. That's really it. Oh, today I rode my 'fun' bike to the bank (because my normal bike is at the Bike Kitchen with its brand new fenders waiting for me to pick it up) to deposit a paycheque and had fun riding through puddles. Then I went wading at the beach and rode the rest of the way home barefoot. That was pretty good too. And then of course there was the food orgy of delicious turkey etc.

Tessa said...

I saw two friends of mine commit to love each other forever and ever infront of a church of their nearest and dearest, than ate amazing food. That's pretty exciting to me!

(PS. Good Job with the bread Amanda.)

Anonymous said...

Due to a miscommunication, I was unintentionally stood up by my presentation group that day I saw you. Standing in the rain for 45 minutes may not count as exciting, but it certainly was the focal point of my day.

J-Bird said...

Anna, that sucks! I'm sorry. Amanda, I want some banana bread, but sans chocolate chips. And Tessa? I'm jealous because I love weddings, and also, write me a letter!