Thursday, June 22, 2006

Miscellany

While working at the cruise port handing out brochures on Wednesday, I offered a passenger a booklet, to which she responded "I grabbed one from the kiosk. God helps those who help themselves." In short, I offered her a coupon book, and she gave me a religious platitude. I responded with a surprised "...Right. Have a great trip!"

I was lifted from a blue mood yesterday by the discovery that I get my own tv screen on most of my flights this trip. And I get to play videogames! I love asian airlines!

I received my third and final innoculation against Japanese Encephalitis on Tuesday. Signs of an adverse reaction include swelling of the face and tongue and extreme itchiness all over the body. If I have extreme itchiness that is localized to the site of injection, should I be concerned?

I leave in 6 days.

Peek gets back in 6 days.

That is an example of impeccably awful timing.

I've eaten a ridiculous amount of food in the past few days. Much of it has been eaten with Cel (woo eating buddies!)

I've been watching lots and lots of Scrubs, and I love it.

Girly's gone, and I miss her. But then, I'm leaving soon too.

At dinner the other night (happy birthday miss j!) I realized that I probably went to the same chinese camp as my friend's boyfriend. Ah Chinese camp...I learned to play the chinese flute, to cook, to sew, do the fan dance, the ribbon dance, make the lion's mane for the lion in the lion dance...a weirdly low level of Chinese was learned, come to think of it.

Oh my god, I leave in six days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa, you can do all that stuff? That's so cool! Why didn't you tell anyone?

Evi said...

I want to go to Chinese camp!