Monday, September 11, 2006

Home Update: Week 1

I arrived back in Vancouver on Saturday the 2nd, at about 10 pm (well, I arrived at 8:30, but certain events meant that it was 10 by the time I got out of the airport). Since then, it's been a marathon of me seeing almost everyone I've missed over my trip, and trying to get a handle on my new job, as a retail associate at a specialty wine store. Because no one knows more about wine than I do. Except maybe everyone. Seriously, could I be less qualified for this job? I think I need to take a wine tasting course, because thre is no way I have a clue what is going one. Shiraz? Merlot? Cabernet Sauvignon? I can spell them without looking them up, but that (and the fact that they are reds and not whites) pretty much encapsulates me knowledge of them. Oh well. Here's to learning about something new!

Here goes nothing.

No comments: