Saturday, February 10, 2007

Concerts and TV Shows and Shopping, Oh My!

Well, the title pretty much sums up what I've been up to. But hey, let's add some detail, shall we?

It was Evi's birthday last week, and she and I, after eating large amounts of sushi (mmmm), we went to the Barenaked Ladies concert (my second concert! Hurrah!). It was a great concert, fun, energetic, and interspersed with random little improvised ditties ("Bald Parade" sung to the tune of "Barbara Anne") and dialogue. It was a pretty full house too, and other than one section of weirdly rowdy fans (who I suspect may have accidentally come to the concert at GM Place, rather than the MonsterTruck Rally at BC Place) everyone seemed to be having a great time (to be fair, the rowdies were having a great time too; they were just bugging the crap out of everyone near them as they did it). Anyhow, it was a great concert, and a great time.

Early this week a TV pilot was being filmed at the cafe. A coworker and I stayed on-site throughout the process, so I got to see at least some of what goes into shooting a TV show, and I have to say, it's not that riveting. It's slow, repetitive, and so detail-oriented it made me want to scream. Each scene was shot so many times that my coworker and I could re-enact them at will, and a couple of the people on the set may have leaned a little too far toward the obsessive-compulsive side of the scale for comfort. But it was kind of interesting to see how it all works, and all the shooting gave me some time to get some studying in.

Yesterday T and I went shopping, and made out like bandits! I got 5 really cute shirts, and would have paid over $140 if they'd been full price, but instead spent less than $65 (hurrah sales!). T got two pairs of earrings from Blue Ruby, expanding her collection of "the most beautiful earrings ever". I also spied a necklace and a pair of shoes that I covet, but am waiting for them to go on sale, because they are pricey, and the Jan, she is broke. Sigh. But new shirts! Hurrah!

No comments: