Monday, March 02, 2009

And Then, There Was The Plague

So, I was struck by...something.  I don't know what it was, but it went something like this:

Feel slightly off.
Feel violently ill.
Vomit.
Vomit.
Lie in bed.
Vomit.
Repeat above 7 times.
Lie in bed in agony, wishing for a break from consciousness but unable to actually slip into dark.
Spend entirety of next day in bed or on couch with pedialyte, friends and Arrested Development.
Finally falling asleep about 36 hours after it all started.
Waking, feeling weak as a kitten, eating a tiny bit, and then noticing that your heart is...doing things.

So the heart thing is still going on; went for an ECG late last week, and am waiting for the results.  The bright side is that so far I'm still alive, so I'm hoping this is nothing too dangerous.

In other news, I've bought a ticket to San Diego for Easter Weekend, to go see the Mo (woo!).  We're going to shop, beach, eat, and go to LEGOLAND.  I'm pretty excited.

I also registered for Mandarin classes.  It's something I've wanted to do forever, but never got around it.   Since I've been feeling so down lately, I decided that I'm just going to go and start doing all these things I keep saying I want to do.  So: chinese lessons.  And later, I'm planning on taking kayak lessons (this is all pending my continued employment, of course).

So to sum up; I was violently ill, there's still something going on, and I've spent a lot of money lately, putting a crimp in my saving rate.  But hopefully I can catch that up reasonably quickly.  Even more importantly, I hope to have this health thing figured out and resolved asap.

No comments: