Friday, March 13, 2009

Friday the 13th

The second in a row, thanks to the lovely calendar!  So far so good, knock on wood and so forth.

It's been a relatively stressful week, I have to admit.  Things will probably stay that way for at least a couple of weeks, barring some extremely unexpected surprise.  But my emergency fund is rapidly approaching my "stable" goal of $10 000, which is great; I was concerned that I wouldn't be able to hit the target before my current contract came up.  I'm not planning by any means to leave the job, if they still want me, but in light of the state of the economy (which according to media is somewhere between "anarchy" and "apocalyptic") it's reassuring to have a cushion to land on.

In other news, I'm going to Beyonce!  I'm pretty excited, and even though it was kind of pricey, I've already paid for it.  Come to think of it, I think my spending is finally starting to mesh more with my values.  I've been spending more on experiences and less on objects.

Tonight I'm headed to the Recession Party, at Pacific Theatre to watch a friend perform.  I don't have much of an idea what the show will be like, but I'm looking forward to the mystery!

No comments: