Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Amazing Night

Every Wednesday, the sorority has meeting. While there's definitely a lot of work that gets done at meeting, it's also one of the few times that everyone gets together, and trust me, having a group of 50 girls that you see at least once a week goes a long way towards making UBC more friendly. Today was our last meeting of the year. That's not to say we won't see each other; there are a few more events left before exams roll around. It does mean that this was the last formal meeting I'd have with a lot of my best friends. These girls are all graduating; they won't even be on campus anymore. There is not one girl who's leaving that hasn't been in the sorority for every year that I have. Five girls I joined with are leaving, eleven girls in all. Every year, girls graduate and the chapter changes, but this year I'll feel it the most.

I don't mean to be all maudlin; it was an incredible night. Panhellenic (like the government for sororities) awards were given out tonight, and we did amazingly well. We won the sports award, one of our girls won the top athlete award, and we won top all round sorority. So congratulations us, and specifically J, Tf, and T. Especially T, who was president this last year and worked bloody hard for this award.

Also, I was given so many nice things today! I got a lion stuffy as a gift, who I've named Milton. And from myself (heh), I got these markers for my windows, so I can write pretty things on them. I also got three really nice letters from girls, which are really sweet and made me cry.

Everything is good right now.

1 comment:

J-Bird said...

Heh, no doubt about it, it is.