Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Easter....Lobster?

That's what I had for Easter dinner, lobster. And it was awesome.

I feel like I've been MIA for weeks, but it's really only been a few days, which just goes to show how important sleep can be. Anyhow, my weekend was good, if not relaxing. On Friday I ran errands and hung out with Jo for now, and with Jo's puppy, who is really cute, but is under the impression that I am a giant walking version of one of her toys, which is a little unfortunate.

Saturday and Sunday I worked. Sunday night, we went to the boathouse, where I had lobster. Oh, lobster. How I love you. I could write you a song. In fact, I have written you a song. It goes like this:

Lobsters come both big and small,
You kind of walk, you kind of crawl,
In colours ranging brown to blue,
but you are red when I eat you.

You have such a hard shell to crack,
but tastiness you never lack,
with butter or not, it's always true,
Lobster lobster, I love to eat you!


Yesterday, I hung out with Girly, and saw Guess Who with Girly, J, and D. It was pretty funny; Bernie Mac is humourous person. I have to say though, I have very little patience for "the protective father" figure, in life and in movies, especially when the daughter seems quite capable of taking care of herself. Anyhow, it was still a good movie.

My iPod mini is here! It got here yesterday. Since my computer is pretty messed up, I couldn't get it up and running until this morning, after about 9 hours work (i was up til 3 last night trying to get it running. 3!). But it is pretty, and pink, and I love it. I named it Ophelia, after a cat who was especially princessly. Even though it's running, getting songs on the thing is a project vaguely reminiscent of a math problem. But Ophelia is beautiful, and I love her, and at this very instant, she is singing the sweet notes of "Theme from My Dog Skip" into my ears.

Tomorrow: the passport office! I know you're jealous, and if you ask very nicely, I may even let you come with me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your song! You should teach it to Ophelia.

Also, having almost completed an entire term of "ENGL 492D.004: Shakespeare and Music" I feel it is my duty to warn you that historically, Ophelias have tended to go crazy and sing crazy songs to illustrate their craziness. It is a pretty name though.

I hope your Ophelia does not go crazy, but instead brings you many hours of joy and amusement.