Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Take in the View

Yesterday, at (well, close to) J's house, we went up to the top of the British Properties at J's mum's urging. We were a little skeptical, but man, the view was incredible. 180 degrees of Vancouver, on a clear sunny day, is gorgeous. You could see Mountains everywhere, and the amazing number of trees encompassed by Stanley and Pacific Spirit Parks are gorgeous. I highly recommend it, if you're in the area. Next time we're going after dark.

J's dad has a telescope, and since it was a full moon (or at least close to it) last night, we took it out to have a look. I've decided that should I ever be wealthy enough to afford one, and telescope will definitely be purchased. It was so cool! You could see the craters, and even the ripply edges of the moon, that weren't smooth anymore, because of craters and mountains! On a less accademic note, if you looked across the bay through the microscope, you can see the cars driving (I saw one run a red light. Grrrr), and if you look on the North Shore side of the bay? Yep, you can see into apartments. So, I'm getting blinds for my room. Cause that's creepy.

1 comment:

Evi said...

I know! Wasn't the moon crazy ridiculous? Iain and I were playing basketball down at Trimble park and the moon was huge!
My brother has a really nice telescope that he bought when he turned 13 with his Bar Mitzvah money, I would have really liked to look through it last night!