Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Just Want You to Know

Today was a good day for me to be single. And I don't mean that I had throngs of admirers throwing themselves at my feet, because I had pretty much zero contact with anybody of the male persuasion at all. I just mean that I went the whole day having fun with friends. We drove down the street with the windows open, singing at the top of our lungs to the Backstreet Boys (sorry Tessa). We talked about random nothingness, you know the conversations that are totally enjoyable at the time, but that don't stand up to recapping at all? We walked to starbucks and sat in the sun with our drinks. We watched "VH1's Top Ten Rock Beach Bodies", which was, in addition to stupid and moronic, very, very "whoooo! SKINNY!" Naturally, we had to add our own disparaging comments. It was good times.

Also good times? So You Think You Can Dance?, a ridiculous American-Idol style show, but for dance instead of song. There are some horrible dancers out there. Like really, really awful. It's a little upsetting, and yet...strangely amusing. That being said, there are also some very good dancers. I have to say though, I find the "judging" part of the show excruciating to watch; I kept changing the channel. But all in all, an entertaining show. Of course, it was no match for the show right after; my beloved Queer Eye. Sigh. I love you.

No comments: