Thursday, September 08, 2005

Funny story...

Hee. This is totally an aside, but I've been getting comment spam. I find it highly amusing. "Anonymous" thinks my blog is clear and useful! I'm not sure what "Anonymous" thinks is so useful about my blog, but hey, whatever rocks your cradle.

So...last Tuesday, I went with some of the girls to Celebrities, what is (to my knowledge) the most well-known gay bar in Vancouver. Now, apparently, Tuesday is "straight night", but we were basically going to have a fun girls night, unadulterated by drunk stupid sleazy guys trying to pick us up. Have to say, I generally can't get picked up if I want to, me even in the most meat market-y bars; I apparently have a very clear "stay the hell away from me" emission. It isn't on purpose, I just do.

So we go to this bar, and what happens? I get picked up. That's right, the girls who never gets picked up is picked up in a GAY BAR. And not by a gay guy, thank you. By a very nice, intelligent guy. Who also happens to be pretty hot. And likes books, and logic puzzles (what? oh whatever, I'm a dork, I don't want to hear it). We "talked" (read: yelled over incredibly loud music, and probably misunderstood each other completely) for 3 hours. And on Friday, we went on a date.

It was our first and last date, and it was fun; we went to dinner, and just talked and talked. There wasn't really any huge chemistry, which is weird, because he is really attractive. But he's also older (by enough to be weird for me, if not for others, yes Tessa, Girly, T, I know you think it's not that old!), and in a completely different place in his life. And aside from that, we have almost too much in common, which...was a little freaky. Heh.

But it's kind of neat; I've now gone out with someone I'd met only once prior, who had no connection whatsoever with my friends. And it wasn't awful.

Plus, it's amusing. I got picked up in a gay bar.

No comments: