Sunday, September 04, 2005

Hola

Hey y'all!

So lots has been going on lately, but I won't be writing about some of it until a bit later, just cause. So here's what I will write about.

I read the third Traveling Pants book. So good. But I only had a chance to read it once through, and it was in a rush, so I kinda want to go over my favourite parts again (really good books I never read only once. I go over and over the pages until I've sucked them dry, and then do it again. Obsessive? Quite likely). Sigh, I love those books.

I babysat tiny, two month old twin girls. They were adorable little mites, and it was the first time in a long long time that I took care of actual babies. I mean, I've taken care of toddlers aplenty lately, but babies are another story. But they are very, very cute. Now if only babies didn't spit so much. And scream. Two funny things;

At one point, I was holding one of them, and she got really hungry (the family was moving, which is why the feeding wasn't done right away; the parents weren't neglectful or anything). I was wearing a tank top, and she just started sucking on my shoulder. Hard. I turned to her, and said "Hey, you: y'aren't gonna get milk from me anywhere, let alone my shoulder". She didn't stop.

One of the babies had a darker complexion, and black hair - I was holding her, walking her around, and I went into the bathroom. I don't know where my head was, but when I looked in the mirror, I had a total twilight zone moment; yep, thought she was my baby. Have to say, quite terrifying. Heh.

T's bro got in some major trouble in Europe (that's what the last entry was about). He's okay, but shaken up, and so's everyone around him. But the important part is that he's home, and he's going to be fine.

School, and therefore recruitment, starts soon. Which means the madness continues! Whoooo! Love you all, and hopefully, I'll write a cohesive, non point-form entry sometime soon.

No comments: