Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Here I am Again...

It's the first day of school. This is my 18th first day of school without breaks between, and that's not counting preschool. That...is insane. But yay! School! I mean, I don't love the midterms etc., but I can't wait to see everyone!

Sunday night I went out to The Royal. I'd actually never been there, which is kind of odd, since all my friends go with some regularity. I had a lot of fun, dancing and talking. But I was definitely tired yesterday. I'm getting old.

Yesterday I went shopping with Peek. It was fun, and I bought five (eek!) shirts. One weird trend in Labour Day shopping was...DJs. Seriously. Three stores we went into had live DJs. Now, while I can see why this may seem like a good idea, there are some serious flaws. First of all, the stores are packed. It's Labour Day! You can't just plant a DJ with full equipment in the middle of the floor! It ruins the traffic flow! One store did manage to circumvent this by putting the DJ in the display window. And second, when I'm shopping, generally I'm talking with my shopping buddy, as we bounce opinions off each other. If "Pon de Replay" is blasting out of the speakers so loud we can't hear each other, I have a problem.

So the moral of my unexpected rant is, "don't put DJs in clothing stores". Heh. Have a great day, all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Katrina and Recovery 2.0
At first, we were at a loss of what to say about how technology can help in post-Katrina relief efforts.
A really clear and useful blog, i would recommend it to all! If you are interested in guitar, go see my guitar ultimate related site.