Sunday, December 10, 2006

Note: All Christmas Shopping Will Be Done on Weekdays

I haven't actually tried to do any of my shopping on weekends yet; what with my "I work all weekend, every weekend" schedule, I haven't really gotten the chance. However, having tried to bus home from work over the weekend, I now know that shopping is out of the question. Buses are packed, with cranky, been-pushed-around-all-day shoppers lugging 12 bags apiece, all foaming at the mouth to get home. Bus drivers seem to be bearing it relatively well, although I think that's because they traded "packed with students on weekdays" for "packed with shoppers on weekends", so mathematically they've won.

Holiday Shopfest 2006 has affected the cafe though; for one thing, people tend to come in later, which results in me having to stay in longer. More annoyingly, people tend to be more stressed, which means shorter fuses and more complaints about nothing (seriously. Had one lady ask us why our tables were never clean. To which I - rather diplomatically, I thought - did not ask why she insisted upon sitting at the one table that hadn't been cleared, the previous occupants having left 30 seconds ago). On a brighter note, we had three of the happiest babies come in today; they were literally all smiles, and adorable. I love a happy baby.

There's another storm warning for tonight; hurrah inclement weather! Not. Time for me to finish up some wrapping. Catch y'all later!

No comments: