Sunday, November 14, 2004

Complaints, Ramblings And Recommendations

Ech. I've been trying to slog my way through this paper, and I think it's slowly killing me. Not because it's difficult; that I could handle. The problem is that I can't seem to discipline myself enough to sit my ass down and write the damn thing. I've now read my articles, sort of, and boiled one of them down to the essentials. I'm supposed to be comparing two articles, but my two examples of case studies are both deficient. One is just...kind of poor workmanship on the part of the author, and the other is pretending to be a case study. It's actually an amalgamation by the author of several patients that were treated, which sounds to me a lot like...fiction. Seriously, how does that get published? The concept sounds distinctly unscientific to me, but what would I know? I'm just an undergrad.

I've been living half at my house, half at T's for the past few days. Although if by 'living' you mean 'sleeping at' then I've been living at T's. Basically I've just been eating at home (mmm, home food). Tonight Claire and her parents are coming over for dinner, and my mom has made pumpkin pie, a food I would write songs about, if I had any such skill. Let's face it; I'd write the songs without the skill. In fact, I think I have sung songs about it. As you probably can tell, I can't wait.

Also, my new cover-my-whole-foot shoes are great, and do, indeed, cover my whole foot. I love it when purchases live up to my expectations!

Now for my current recommendations, of the music variety. Here we go;

See You When You're 40 - Dido
Respect - Erasure
Hallelujah - Rufus Wainwright
Independence Day - Melanie C
Sparks - Coldplay

2 comments:

Evi said...

Yay for shoes. I recently got some nice cover my whole foot shoes, we should get together and compare! I had some before, but they were very dirty and gross and my mom really wanted to throw them out, but she couldn't because I didn't have other shoes to keep me dry...so! what are your's like? Mine are black leather, and pretty and have velcrow, oh and did I mention they make me an inch taller?

J-Bird said...

Mine are also black leather and pretty, but mine don't have velcro, they opted for a belt-buckle-esque sort of contraption. And you're right, we should indeed compare.