Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Addiction and Detox

So...last night I ordered six books (six!) from Bookcloseouts (best but most dangerous site ever). Now, since I (ie. my bank account) clearly cannot withstand this sort of thing on a regular basis, and since I will forever love reading, I went to the library today and got myself a library card. "Who doesn't have a library card?!", you ask? Well, truth be told, sometime way back (we're talking high school) I foolishly left my wallet on a bus (ah, the responsible youth), and with it, my library card. And never got a new one. But now, several years later, I have. A whole new world has opened up to me, and trust me, once my probationary period (for a library. Who knew?) has passed, it won't know what hit it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know the library made new members go through a probation. Must be a new development. Also, I'm shocked that someone who loves reading as much as you has gone so long without a library card.

J-Bird said...

What can i say? I bought them, and used the libraries at the schools I was attending at the time. Even when it was inhabited by the student-hating gorilla man.