Friday, May 13, 2005

More Than One Grind

So...did the Grouse Grind today. Have to say, while I have never claimed to be the at all physically fit, I'm pretty sure the entire ordeal would have been far less strenuous had I not SPRAINED MY ANKLE a little bit after the quarter mark. And this is not to say that it would've been a piece of cake. My lungs were wheezing "mercy". Thankfully, with help and lots of resting, I managed to make it up the mountain, and I iced it at work. It seems pretty good, not really swollen or anything. The only worrisome aspect is the throbbing. In my experience throbbing is bad.

In other news, I've been working. A lot. I picked up two night shifts (yesterday and today), will be working my usual shifts (ie. tomorrow and Sunday), and then picked up two day shifts next week, on top of the weekend. I've also realized that everyone else's weekend is basically my workweek. This seems flawed, somehow. But work means money, and money means less "My god, how bloody expensive was Mexico, how is it that I've suddenly run out of EVERY necessity and why the hell can I not stop buying books?"

Anyhow, it's bedtime. I've got work for tomorrow, people!

No comments: