Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Paging Futurephoto

Dear Futurephoto,

In the past, I have very much enjoyed your services; you're affordable, I can send in the digital files over the internet and crop my photos however I like, and I can have my prints sent to the bookstore at uni for free, which means I don't have to take a half-hour trek to your store to save $5. All in all, you and I have had a lovely relationship of mutual reciprocity.

Until now.

I ordered my photos on December 14th, Futurephoto, and you promised them to me by Christmas. In fact, I had two days to spare before meeting your "no longer guaranteed by Christmas" deadline. But you disappointed me, Futurephoto. There was no notification of my pictures being ready for pick up, no beautiful photos in my hand, ready to be embellished into scrapbook oblivion. Instead, on the 23rd, there was an apology letter, and it wasn't even personal, Futurephoto, it was a mass letter. A mail merge. How could you? I don't care how much money you offer me (thank you for your $10), you can't buy back my trust. Or rather, you could have, if you'd just give me the damn pictures already. Seriously, we're approaching a month, now. Did you forget about us? Even when Mariah Carey's song is playing on infinite loop on every radio station in North America? Well fine, I'll just shake it off. You're dead to me, Futurephoto. Dead.

Sincerely,
Jan

No comments: