Tuesday, January 17, 2006

They Lied to Me About Basketball

It is a contact sport. Tonight we played two games, and I now have a chipped tooth (from being offensively fouled IN THE FACE) and a toenail that may fall off (that one was my shoes' fault. And to be fair, the offensive foul was by definiteion only; the poor girl clobbered her forehead on my mouth, I don't think it was terribly pleasant for her either).

The good news is, not only were my grad photos last week (thank god, as my lips are somewhat asymmetrical right now), but my dentist appointment was rescheduled to tomorrow morning, so hopefully they can do something about the tooth situation.

This is the most injured I've ever gotten during a sports event. My toe hurts, a lot, but it feels kinda cool to have an actual sports injury.

1 comment:

Evi said...

woo! you have battle scars! In rugby everyone showed off their bruises and scrapes...it was one of the few things I actually enjoyed about the game...that and getting muddy. I am sorry about your tooth; I am sure your dentist will fix you up. :)