Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Snow, Cousins and Growing

Sunpeaks was beautiful. Pure white everywhere, and falling from the sky. Because of the basketball game of death, I wasn't able to do anything but snowshoe, but it was great to have an actual weekend, and snowshoeing was beautiful. In addition I had a chance to use Pretty (that's Pretty D50, my camera), and try out the various functions.

I also got to hang out with Peek, and my cousins, Jackie (just 7) and Stephanie (8). We played dress-up, as well as several games of Sorry! (I won both), Cadoo (kid's Cranium), and between me and Peek a game I think is called Teacher's Question, which is the most politically incorrect children's game I've ever seen. Here are some examples:

Q: If you're an albino, what colour is your skin?
A: White

Q: Obese people are all _____.
A: Fat

Needless to say, we were laughing hysterically.

The two cousin units are ludicrously cute. As evidence, note this conversation I had with Jackie on the ride up to Sunpeaks.

Parents in the front: We want to take the girls to Disneyland, but Jackie is an inch too short for most of the rides. mumblemumblemumble.

Jackie: Janice?

Jan: Yes?

Jackie: I keep trying to eat lots and lots, but I just can't grow that inch!

Happily, we measured her over the weekend, and she now only needs half an inch! Way to go Jackie!

So cute.

4 comments:

Santosh Jena said...

ur blog is nice and attractive. why dont u use ur 'pretty' and upload one of ur image in the blog.

from
santosh
www.santoshjena.bogspot.com
India

Anonymous said...

Is this "Teacher's Questions" a really game (as in "can you buy it?") or did you make it up?

J-Bird said...

Teacher's Questions really is (or was)a game. It's pretty old (I thik it was maybe a hand-me-down from my aunt and uncle's generation) which could explain the questions. I don't know if you can buy it anymore; I've never seen it on store shelves.

J-Bird said...

Oops, my bad. It's called Teacher's Quiz, I found one on eBay, although it looks like a newer edition than the one Peek and I played.