Friday, January 06, 2006

What in the World?

There is a grocery/bulk store close to my high school that makes salad rolls I love, for the very affordable price of $1.99 each. They contain rice noodles, lettuce, and tofu, and come with this peanut dipping sauce that is divine. Since they're no longer so geographically convenient, when I'm in the area, I tend to grab one. Today, it turned out I was in the area at the same time as current high schoolers were out for lunch.

A few of said high schoolers, all girls, went to get salad rolls at the same time as I did, and one of them, a mouthy little tween, opened two of the peanut sauce containers, poured one into the other, and then replaced the lids, taking the now-full one and leaving the nearly-empty one on the shelf.

...What? Are you serious? They sauces are already portioned, you little brat, and you basically just stole from the store, since it says right on the shelf that extra sauces are 50 cents. Why do you think it's okay for you to just re-portion one for yourself?

I keep having to remind myself about the delayed development of the prefrontal cortex. But seriously. Agh.

1 comment:

Evi said...

Not only is she stealing from the store, she is screwing over someone who picks up the practically empty container and doesn't realise it until the go to enjoy their lunch. meow!