Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Y'all Don't Even Know.

The past few days have been a trial.

Sunday was one of the most ludicrously busy days at work I've ever had the misfortune to experience. The kitchen was backed up 45 minutes (which, trust me, customers love), and in addition to this, my coworker had just been broken up with, and Ihad contracted a head-cold overnight. I got home, and pretty much went to bed at 9:30, after pretending to be awake enough to eat dinner.

On monday, basketball bit me again; everything was going just fine, and seven minutes before the final buzzer, I got my wedding finger jammed. It's now a lovely shade of green, swollen (but far less so than it was yesterday), and hurts. I still went to bed that night in a reasonably good mood, but...

I woke up at 6:03 am Tuesday, feeling...uncomfortable. Managed to doze of again, but at 7:25 am (I look at my clock a lot), I got up, ran into the bathroom, and hurled what little there was in my stomach. Violently. I then returned to bed, and dozed for another two hours, until it was necessary to haul myself to my first class to hand in an assignment, and then come back home for the day. Oh yeah, and in the meantime I dreamt that I was being forced to reorganize a closet, and was covertly stealing my books back from the evil lady who was making us do it.

Today, thank god, was better. My finger still looks ridiculous, and kinda hurts, but I registered for my photography class at the AMS minischool (yay!), and got some very nice letters from friends. And I can eat again, which is very nice. But I have an exam on Friday, and have just figured out that I'm missing a huge chunk of them, which is disconcerting. But happy letters! Whoooo!

Ow, it hurts to type. Bloody basketball.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stealing your books back!?!? Did someone steal your books in the first place?

J-Bird said...

Just in my dream. Thank God.