Thursday, February 17, 2005

Two Movies, Two Reviews

Movie One: Hitch

I quite liked it. It was funny, cute, never so shmaltzy you wanted to shoot yourself in the foot... The actors were all pretty good, the writing was funny, and everyone really got into the roles. I mean, Will Smith was still Will Smith, but the problem with having people that famous in your movies is that they'll always be "Big Name Star", so I could forgive that. Also, Amber Valleta is gorgeous, and the clothing was very very pretty.

Movie Two: The Wedding Date

This one was, in my opinion, pretty bad. It was oddly choppy, some of the actors had awful delivery, and the movie never really gave you enough time to understand why these two were falling in love. Debra Messing's character was just weepy and neurotic, while Dermot Mulroney's was in theory supposed to be incredibly hot, and instead was just kind of...bland. Of course, I find him about as physically attractive as, say, a goldfish, so that could bias me a little. And some of the clothes were hideous.

Verdict: Go see Hitch. Skip Date.

No comments: