Tuesday, February 01, 2005

New Addiction

Supernanny. So good. If I ever have kids, I want her to come help me out right from the beginning.

I'm taking an infancy psyc course, and today we watched a video of a birth. That is not an aestheically pleasing picture, people. I understand that it's beautiful and all, but does anyone really disagree with me when I say that the beauty is all very metaphorical? Yikes.

The prof seems convinced that we're all going to get accidentally pregnant, which is a little unsettling. She kept telling us what not to do, in case we're pregnant, and how we should make sure we're properly nourished, and that we should take prenatal vitamins. That last one was a joke, I assume, but seriously, it's like birth control in a class. The kicker was her comment after the video;

"Your vagina is never the same, girls. I know mine isn't."

No comments: