Thursday, December 09, 2004

Attack Of The Spores

So T has mold growing in her apartment. It's somewhat localized, in her closet, but it's pretty persistent in chewing through anything it can. And it's gross. She's had a cough for a few weeks now (and hence the broken rib), and we think it's coming from the spores being released by the mold. Her landlords agree with us, and apparently the last tenant "had to leave, because she was allergic to something". ie. SPORES. Naturally, T isn't terribly pleased, especially since she keeps coughing, but there isn't much that can be done. Her and her landlords have been trying to find solutions, but her desperation is clearly growing, as she keeps trying to find something that will work. Crazy-sounding conversation follows:

T: My landlords got me a dehumidifier, to control the spores.
Me: Is it helping?
T: It makes the air too dry to breathe, and then I can't sleep.
Me: So...no.
T: I think I'm going to stick the dehumidifier in the closet (ostensibly to kill the spores), and then open the window (to let more humid air in), and put the fan next to my bed with a damp cloth over it (again to increase humidity).
Me: ...
T: What?
Me: Them spores is a bitch.
T: Tell me about it. Gahd!

So...spores 1, T 0. Yep, they may be tiny, but they'll teach you good.

No comments: