Sunday, December 19, 2004

Events Are Once Again Occuring!

I have stuff to tell again! Yay!

(Note the first two paragraphs are pretty tedious, and extremely girly. If you're a guy, don't say I didn't warn you)

So, today I woke up in the morning and had a long shower, that involved a lot of shampoo, for two reasons. One, (and sorry, this is kinda gross) what with exams and studying, I hadn't had time to wash my hair in the past week (yes, I showered. I just didn't wash my hair. I have long hair, okay?!), so it took several shampoos to clean it. Approximately four. Two, I realized after I washed my hair that there was no soap in my shower. I'm not entirely sure what happened to it, I think maybe Greg just steals the soap into the other shower. Anyway, by then I was sopping wet, so I ended up washing with shampoo. Which I have to say, is not as nice.

After that, I went to get my eyebrows threaded, and am now thankfully bright-eyed and not-so-bushy browed. I then went on a rampage. I had three hours in which to buy three Christmas presents, all for cousins. With a little help from Claire, I managed to get it done, and even have time for sushi! Also, she introduced me to the wonder that is Purdy's English Toffee. If you like skor bars, this is your dessert.

The paternal side of the Jan Clan had Christmas dinner tonight. I have two little cousins, and I always get them books. Since they've already opened their gifts, and don't read this anyway, I'll list them;

The Reluctant Dragon, by Kenneth Grahame
The Balloon Tree, by Phoebe Gilman
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, by Roald Dahl
Madeline, by Ludwig von...something. It's Madeline, you know the one.

They were well received, which was nice. The dinner was fun, and included a heavenly cranberry-apple sauce. Mmmm, apple sauce.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's true, Purdy's English toffee rocks my socks off. Actually, so does pretty much anything from Purdy's.
Anna

Evi said...

I love Purdy's! Especially their turtles and the raspberry chocolate bar thing-ies.