Thursday, December 23, 2004

Good Food

So today, I went with Amanda, Evi, Geoff, Sean, Joan and Marijka to The Roc, an establishment serving that most delightful of brunches, dim sum. Quite frankly, I would guess that dim sum is the most frequently mentioned food on this blog. That is because it is Incredibly Tasty. Anyhow, we had a lovely lunch, made all the more exciting by the erroneous address listing of the phone book, and the novel 'self serve' policy they seem to have regarding tea and cups. However, the entire meal came to $4.50 a person, and we were all stuffed. Afterwards, we headed to La Casa Gelato, Land of Ice Cream Goodness, where I had one scoop of Chestnut, and one scoop of Peach Plum Jasmine gelato. Needless to say, I've been having some pretty impressive food today.

Also, I went Christmas shopping (again. I refuse to do more, I'm going mad. And broke), and read some of Sophie's World, which I've never read, but am quite enjoying.

And that's just today! In the past few days, I have: gone to the new Park Royal Village, where I had a lovely hot chocolate at Cafe D'Artigiano (seriously, best hot chocolate ever), and went into Kiss and Makeup, a new makeup store (fell in LOVE with Fresh products). I met my friend's puppy (beyond cute), saw Spanglish (really liked it, but it's far more drama than romantic comedy), attended a tacky gift exchange party where I received a pair of cow slippers in return for the beeswax tree ornament depicting a nativity scene that I donated (clearly I came out on top there), went to the seniors' residence to volunteer, AND visited the Festival of Lights with my lovely sorority girls. Phew. That was a long list.

PS It's Hil's birthday today. So happy birthday Hil! You're awesome!

No comments: