Saturday, December 11, 2004

Ech

So, things have been a little hectic lately. My dad lost his job, which is always stressful. One of my best friends has just broken up with her boyfriend, right in the middle of exam period, and is understandably pretty upset. And now, when my own personal life had just kind of started to settle down, something has happened that I didn't even hear about until way after the fact, and now I'm pretty sure someone thinks I stabbed them in the back, and isn't speaking to me, and I don't know what to do, because I didn't do anything.

This sucks. All this weird, awkward, "not talking often because, well, it's awkward" has now officially resulted in a huge misunderstanding, and I feel totally crappy, and there's nothing I can do about it. I hate feeling totally unable to do anything. Why doesn't the crappiness ever STOP?!

1 comment:

Evi said...

I am not sure if this is one of those blog situations where you're not supposed to comment because subjects are potentially 'loaded', but here goes. Janice, disregard this if you want.
I am always a fan of clarification. Things get wedged deeper and deeper unless someone decides to say something. It's not necessarily easy, but Jan, if you didn't do anything, (and right now I am in complete awareness that I have no idea what's going on) then I think it really can't get worse by saying things like "I didn't realise this happened/ hurt you..." or "there has been a misunderstanding and I would like to sort it out with you because I really like being your friend..", only perhaps a little less sappy than the last one; it depends on what you're up against.
Hope things work out!