Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Halfway There, Or Halfway To Go?

I've done half my exams, which is a relief. Unfortunately, I woke up this morning, and could feel a cold seeping its way through my body, and as of now it has definitely taken over. So I'm trying to study with a brain cavity full of fluff. Clearly I'm extremely productive.

In happy news, a friend of mine just got a puppy! I'm excited to see it. Her name is Chloe, and she's a little maltese, and let's face it, all puppies are entirely adorable.

Talked with some friends today. One of them asked if I was seeing anyone (HA! No.), and I realized that instead of finding some new guy to distract myself, I've instead just poured myself into school, studying way more than I would have had the ex and I not broken up, or if we'd never dated at all and I was still single. This isn't a bad thing; my grades have sky-rocketed, and ultimately they'll probably have a bigger effect on my life. Perhaps I should tell him so, next time I see him.

"Thanks for dumping me, my grades have gone up by a lot!"

1 comment:

Evi said...

How am I not surprised? Janice, you are a very smart person, and frankly getting tangled up in love and all that crap that seems to inevitably come along with a relationship is usually distracting. I am glad that you are so pleased with you success!