Sunday, December 04, 2005

101 in 1001.

The idea is that these are 101 things I've set out for myself to achieve in 1001 days. In other words, I have to complete these by August 31st, 2008. I'll update as I progress - here we go!


1. Buy hot underwear I can wear every day. - Completed December 2007
2. Go to at least three new restaurants, and review on Never Reason.
3. Take a photography course. - Completed February-March 2006.
4. Take a cooking class/learn to cook at least 3 new entrees. - Completed God Knows When.
5. Learn to sew at least from a pattern.
6. Buy a digital SLR. - Completed December 25th, 2005.
7. Read Proust (not all his works, necessarily, but at least something).
8. Work in a psych lab, and identify at least three things I’d like to study. - Completed at some point.
9. Get my undergraduate degree. - Completed June 2006.
10. Write letters to all my babies, Peek, Kaisha, Sekke, and anyone else.
11. Get a physical.
12. Visit friends who live abroad. - I visited Jo in Malaysia and Ally in Singapore. I'm not done visiting everyone, but hey, it's a start.
13. Make a will, and write letters in case.
14. Finish my scarf.
15. Learn to make classy chicken
16. Write more, not just in journal; short story, mini essays, whatever.
17. Go to the chocolate buffet in Sutton Place.
18. Have high tea in Bacchus w/ Trina.
19. Finish at least 2 scrapbooks – ie. Up to the end of Uni.
20. Shoot one amazing photograph that I love. - Completed in India.
21. Go to Daiso, and buy something I can actually use.
22. Attend a professional (or World) sports event.
23. Buy something off an infomercial.
24. Go on a picnic, with a picnic basket and everything.
25. Skate on a frozen water-mass (lake, canal, whatever).
26. Go to Malaysia and climb the huge mountain with the sherpas. - Completed August 25th, 2006.
27. Find the biggest flower in the world, quickly take a picture, and then leave. Quickly.
28. Ride the London Eye.
29. Buy a pastry from Galerie Lafayette.
30. Build a website.
31. Make a list of places to see, eat and shop for when ppl visit Vancouver.
32. Take the SkyTrain through every station.
33. Get something I wrote published.
34. Learn to kayak.
35. Become unbroken. - Completed. As is the case with these things, there's no date of completion, it just happened.
36. Acquire the entire Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series. - Completed January 2007.
37. Buy the following DVDs: Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, Scrubs. - Completed January 2007.
38. Learn to cook mum’s steamed trout.
39. Learn to cook mum’s moo shoo pork. - Completed September 2006.
40. Back up all digital photos and store the CDs in a safe place.
41. Bake three new kinds of dessert, and have them turn out the way they should.
42. Host a dinner party. - Completed September 2007.
43. Learn to do my own makeup (for both every day and going out).
44. Save $50 a month for one year continuously. - Completed. Thanks to TD Bank, this gets done for me automatically.
45. Buy myself some fabulous, classic jewelry.
46. Get a pet.
47. Find a pair of heels that
a) look really good
b) I can walk, run, dance in for hours.
- Completed December 26th, 2005.
48. Get my tube top mended.
49. Go to a concert - Completed November 25th, 2006 - Rolling Stones
50. Take the GRE. - Completed May and July 2007.
51. Go on a real road trip.
52. Not use my credit card for three months (exception: tuition)
53. Visit K. - Completed May 2006, and May 2008.
54. Fall in love (again).
55. Get a queen-sized bed.
56. Get a really nice bedframe I can see myself having for the rest of my life.
57. Create and follow a budget for one month. - Completed May 2008.
58. Prior to and following the “budget month”, not go buy buy buy to “make up for it”. - Completed June 2008.
59. Go to the Art Gallery. - Completed May 2007.
60. Buy new glasses that don’t make me look twelve. - Completed July 2006, in Delhi.
61. Attend a taping of the Daily Show/Oprah.
62. Take surfing lessons.
63. Give blood.
64. Clean and purge my room, including all drawers, shelves and closets. And the hammock chair.
65. Learn to curl my own hair so it looks good. - Completed September 2007.
66. Ride a roller coaster.
67. Spend a day with mummy doing stuff we both find fun.
68. Buy a nice pair of pants that aren’t jeans. - Completed January 2007.
69. Learn (teach myself) to pipe icing.
70. Have one week where every day, I feel hot.
71. Figure out what my credit rating is.
72. Create an action plan to improve credit rating, and stick to it.
73. Make a pinata, fill it with candy, and bash it good.
74. Finish and develop the waterproof camera from Penticton 2005.
75. Redesign/upgrade Never Reason.
76. Send a parcel, wrapped up in brown paper and everything.
77. Construct the “J-Bird and Sekke Family Tree” Spanning back a minimum of 3 generations. - Completed December 13th, 2005.
78. Tell one person (other than Peek) “I’m busy that day”.
79. Learn to shoot a basketball again.
80. Watch My Neighbour the Totoro again, and figure out the plot beyond "Furry lumpy things”.
81. Practice cursive enough that it isn’t ugly and slow.
82. Take a luxurious bubble bath/bath bomb bath, and moisturize right after.
83. Cross-country ski.
84. Go for a decadent dinner with girlfriends, where we get dressed up and dine in style. - Completed January 2007.
85. Photograph a portrait and have it look great (they can look good, or the photo can be good). - Completed July 2006, in Jaisalmer.
86. Ride the seabus.
87. Ride the skytrain all the way around.
88. Finish my current journal and start a new one. - Completed December 2006.
89. Learn more about my mom’s youth.
90. Make and share a chocolate fondue.
91. Switch my old stereo for something more compact. - Deemed unnecessary, will replace stereo when it doesn't work anymore.
92. Read Wicked. - Completed May 2006.
93. Have a snowball fight.
94. Write 1 letter about good service.
95. Invest in the stock market. - Completed November 2006.
96. Get a good strapless bra.
97. Get a good tshirt bra. - Completed October 2006.
98. Have a “day at the spa”. - Completed December 2006.
99. Flirt with a cute stranger. - Completed May 2006.
100. Purge jewelry drawer and get a jewelry box. - Completed October 2007.
101. Make hot chocolate, and have it with tiny marshmallows and cheerios.

Last updated February 15th, 2008.

No comments: