Sunday, December 25, 2005

Where Have I Been?

FINALLY I have a chance to post this. Everyone's back home! I don't know what to do with myself, there are so many people I love to see!

Girly's back! We went Christmas shopping together on the 22nd (less than twelve hours after my last exam was over. Yech), and managed to get some of the shopping under our belts, and some serious catching up, too. I also made these amazing mashed potatoes, with sour cream and cream cheese and parsley. Sooo good. They were for Kaisha's Christmas party, where we also had turkey, and then presents! I got pyjamas from T, a scarf from Mon, and a Lululemon headband and scrapbooking letter stamps from Kaisha!

On the 23rd I met up with Shakey, an old friend from the sorority who now lives in California. It was so great to see her, it's been over a year now! We always manage to cover everything that's happened since we last saw each other. And she gave me the cutest Christmas ornament! She told me she chose it for me, and that it was to convince me to visit. Upon opening it, I found a tiny palm tree, decorated for Christmas with presents under it and everything. It's very very cute, and a picture of it will be posted soon. Also, I'm definitely visiting.

After meeting with Shakey, it was off to West Van, because J had landed that morning, FINALLY. It was so great to actually see her, she still looks exactly the same, having left in September, all tanned, and returned in December, still tanned. Malaysia'll do that to ya.

Christmas Eve, I did some last-minute Christmas shopping, met up with J for a bit, and then headed to Girly's for our gift exchange and Christmas Eve dinner, which was a riot, as usual. I gave Niall these cool martini glasses that hold a deceptively high amount of actual martini, and Niall gave me a sparkly notepad and a necklace (when asked, I gave her the theme "pretty". Heh). Niall made little packages of cookies that were proclaimed "visual perfection" (as a joke), we downloaded and sang along to such Christmas classics as "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas" "Six White Boomers" and "Dominic the Italian Donkey". It was awesome, and by the time I got home, it was technically Christmas Day.

Christmas Day was, as usual, great times. My dad, for the second year in a row, forwent the dreaded Christmas chart. Everyone liked their gifts, although I have to return the Bro's (he'd already bought it for himself, the brat. At least I know I have good taste). I have a pretty, pretty new camera named Pretty (from my parents and Santa, who've joined forces this year to bring me Pretty. I also received the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants DVD (yay!) and various edibles (mmm...edibles).

Boxing Day, as you know, I shopped with J. We also exchanged gifts; I gave her a shirt and a book about advertising (which is the field she works in, so it isn't entirely random. Also, it was an interesting book, that I may or may not have to quickly read before she flies off to Malaysia again), and she got me a shirt, a purse, a pendant and some earrings (I know, seriously got outmatched by her and her Malaysian purchases. Dammit).

Since then, I've bascailly been a blur of hanging out with J, partying at the Buffalo Club with my girls, chilling at Peek's post-Christmas party and, sadly for my visa, shopping. which must. stop. Luckily, today I'll be seeing the Kits crew, who I haven't seen in way too long, and I'm going back to work tomorrow, so wooo income! Just in time for tuition. Yeesh.

I love Christmas time. Everyone's home, and it's a whirlwind of fun.

No comments: