Friday, December 16, 2005

One Under My Belt

Well, my inaugural exam is now over; that leaves me two to go. Yech. In better news, I successfully poached an egg today! Two eggs, actually, which leads me to believe that it wasn't a fluke. I'm excited because poached is one of the few ways I like eggs. AND I got them to perfect firmness (ie. not very). It was a beautiful moment, which I would have photographed, but that would have meant my breakfast would be cold. And do you really think I would let my first poached eggs get cold?

Tonight was also the viewing of the perennial Christmas classic, A Charlie Brown Christmas. My favourite non-sensical clip is when Charlie Brown pays Lucy for his therapy, and she raves over the sound of the moeny in her tin, and says "snickly snickle, snickle". What in the world is a snickle? I'm so going to say that from now on.

Well, back to the books; tomorrow I'm taking a break from studying to attend three (three!) Christmas parties. This means I have to study today, but it also means I can look forward to tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was always under the impression that Lucy was just saying "nickels nickels nickels" and the sound of the 's' just carried over onto the next word. But now that you mention it, 'snickels' does sound good.

J-Bird said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

That makes far more sense, I am stupid.

I'm still going to say "snickles" though.