Tuesday, December 27, 2005

The Haul

Anyone in Canada is well-versed in the custom of Boxing Day: basically, the day after Chrismas, all the stores put on massive sales. Some of them have such huge sales that people line up at the door starting at 9 pm Christmas day. Some of the stores you walk by on Boxing Day have line ups halfway around the block (hello, Coach). Basically, it's a ridiculous event of shopping, that was spawned of a holiday presumably given so everyone would have time to clean up after Christmas. Anyway, it used to be one day. Now it's become a full week. Generally, Boxing Day itself is pure retail insanity; stores packed with customers weaving their ways between the security guards who've been hired to contain the crowds. It's a spectacle to be sure, and the line ups for stores can be bizarre (why would you line up for Aritzia? Their sale is like $3 off the $245 jeans). And this year, J and I braved the storm.

On Boxing Day itself, I came out with 3 shirts from Buffalo (50% off everything) some body wash and moisturizer from the Body Shop, and some round-toed black pumps (tiny, tiny heel, which is perfect because it means I can walk, also, $55 at 50/5 off - wicked).

Today, I got a pair of Pumas ($50, 66% off - ie. $100. Whooo!), which is nice, because my shoe (non-)collection is severely lacking in any fields that don't include the words "flip flops".

All in all, not bad.

I still have a "last few days" entry in the works; I keep adding to it and never manage to finish it, but it's there, and it's coming.

1 comment:

Evi said...

I found my favourite low-rise bikini cut cotton underwear in 5 fun colours! And a pretty pink satin thing that makes me feel like a ballerina! :)