Thursday, December 01, 2005

Conversations Span the Globe

Jan and J - Vancouver to Kuala Lumpur

J-Bird: Why the hell don't you live in Vancouver and still work at Guess so I could get 50% off?! And also, when do you get home?
J: Um...I'm sorry? And on the 23rd.
J-Bird: I've fallen in love. And not with a guy.
J: ...With the jacket?
Jan: It's beautiful.



J: Uh, J-Bird?
J-Bird: Hey, how was your weekend?
J: I...spent $2300.
J-Bird: What!? How? It's $2300 dollars!
J: I got paid, and I needed work clothes, and a coat for when I get home.
J-Bird: Please tell me you bought more than that.
J: I got a cellphone. It's so cool!
J-Bird: Sweet jaisus.
J: Don't worry, I already got you your Christmas present.
J-Bird: That's not what I'm concerned about! Well, at least I don't feel bad for buying the jacket.
J: Wait, you bought the jacket!? I thought you said it was too expensive!
J-Bird: I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over the sound of $2300 coming out of your bank account IN ONE DAY.
J: Whatever. You bought the jacket?!
J-Bird: It's SO pretty.



J-Bird and Girly - Vancouver to Montreal

Girly: So coffee; good idea, bad idea?
J-Bird: Well, only if coffee means "meet up while you're wearing your fantabulously hot shirt"
Girly: Haha. So what're you doing for Christmas shopping?
J-Bird: Oh god, I don't want to talk about it.
Girly: Why are parents so hard to buy for?
J-Bird: Oh I don't know. Maybe it's because they ask for things like tape measures, pruning shears and brooms.
Girly: No, that's why your parents are hard to buy for.
J-Bird: Thanks.
Girly: Whereas my parents want me to spend more time with them. While I'm living in Montreal.
J-Bird: We should just give them pinatas of our faces.
Girly: You're insane.
J-Bird: I prefer creative.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, tell her to add me to the list of people to see if she has time.