Sunday, August 22, 2004

Gold!

Woo! We got a gold medal! Way to go Kyle Shewfelt! The floor routine was indeed awesome, and the gold was deserved, although I feel for the guy (Dragulescu) that numerically tied for 1st and was then bumped to second after the application of 'a special tie-breaking mathematical formula' (by the way, I'd really like to know how that formula works...). But yay Canada! Gold medal!

I know the US has something like 40 medals right now, but it must be kinda nice being a Canadian; every medalist seems to have a whole day of the country basking in their glory. So far in the States, I've mostly heard about Michael Phelps. I mean, I understand that he's ridiculously good, but he didn't win every medal you guys have! Where're your other medalists?!

Also, newly changed the settings so that anyone can comment on the blog, not just blogger people. So yay for equal access!

1 comment:

Evi said...

I totally agree about the medal thing! I think I am glad that we don't have the shear number that the US has because then it seems like less of an accomplishment, 'like woohoo, another,anyway, moving on." And besides, how can you bask in Olympic glory when the truth of the matter is that the US has such wealth, and not just in money, but people too. On a random note, isn't it kinda funny in a weird way that they didn't qualify for men's baseball??
Canada is so great because there is less politics involved, when I hear the athletes speak they seem to be pushed to do their best but also support the others that they are competing against.