Thursday, August 26, 2004

La Senz-What?

I bought a bra today. I wasn't actually meant to be bra shopping, I was really looking for a white skirt, but I was with T, and she needed a new bra. So into La Senza we go.

Now, I am admittedly not a bra aficionado. I recognize their value and purpose, and I appreciate their prettiness, and how they can make people look really good, but I'm not terribly well-versed in the different types of bras available. Until now. Now I (vaguely) know the difference between a 'hydrafit' and a 'push up'. Convertible vs. strapless? Believe it or not, there are distinct pros and cons to the styles. In fact, I feel somewhat well-educated in Bra-ology now, considering I own 3 types of bras; normal unpadded, strapless, and sport. T did try to get me to buy a more...enhancing bra, but I wasn't really feeling it, just then. I did however purchase an unpadded bra, that is very pretty, and fits really well, and was only $12. $12! That's like buying a paperback! Did I mention that it's pretty? Not that I have anyone to show it off to. It's still nice to have a pretty new bra though.

Unfortunately, I didn't manage to find a white skirt. Apparently, all white skirts are either waaaaay to mini for me, hideously ugly, completely the wrong size, or cost a bajillion dollars. Which means I have to go out again, and find it somewhere other than at the 400 stores I looked around in. Ech. But at least I have a pretty new bra! Pretty, pretty.

1 comment:

Evi said...

What kind of white skirt are you looking for? I saw a few nice ones on fourth, but they are sporty, like as if they once belonged to the top half of a tennis dress (which I am in the market for...so if you see a nice one that's not over $100, let me know ok?). They were plain white, or with a little black piping about a fourth of the way down...I liked both, but I don't buy white bottoms cause I'm clumsy and I'm afraid I will sick in something icky!