Friday, August 20, 2004

Such Great Heights

Did anyone else see women's trampoline on the Olympics this morning? Those girls jump high. Apparently they get higher than 10 metres above the trampoline, which is just mind-boggling to me. It was pretty cool though, seeing people hurl themselves so high and then do flips like monkeys on speed. It was better still seeing a Canadian woman win a silver medal. Woo! If anyone didn't see this event, no worries, it was on at 7:15 this morning (Vancouver time), so I don't expect that a lot of you were even up. Thank God for the Olympics, a distraction I can handle in my state of insomnia. And CBC shows it live! So it's on at 4 am! Far better than trying to fool myself into being engrossed in an infomercial for 'The Better Pepper Picker' or whatever it is they're selling now.

Also, 'Such Great Heights' is an amazing song; the version I know is by The Postal Service, but I've heard Iron and Lace(?) also do it well.

1 comment:

Tessa said...

Of all the things on your blog...this is the one I'm addressing. Whatever I'm allowed to be shallow. I just wanted to say that I agree, Such Great Heights is an awesome song. And I will even state that The Postal Service rocks my world. Amy has the CD and while she was here I couldn't stop listening to it. Sleeping In and Nothing Better are my current faves.

Anyhoo, give me a call if your at all bored in the near future. I think I'm getting a little sick of my own problems and would gladly take on someone elses. Or you know if you want to do something.

Talk to you later.