Monday, August 30, 2004

I Really Just Love That Woman

So...Oprah today was about 'Extreme Breakups', and man, did some people get totally screwed over by their partners. A lot of the stories were about women who'd been left with multiple kids, for their best friends, or for their kids' best friends' moms (ew).

One woman, an actress on some show I've never seen, told a story about how she fell for her best friend of two and a half years, and he proposed after dating for six weeks. She said yes, ecstatically, and they sent out little announcement cards with 'engaged' on the front. Six weeks after he propsed, he said he'd cheated on every girl he'd ever dated, and he didn't think he could marry her. She was heartbroken (duh), and she went to her best friend's house. They decided to send out new announcement cards, with 'single' on the front. Inside, they said;

Picked the wrong guy
Gave him the wrong finger

This is why I love Oprah's show.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw that episode with my mom and my sister. We all burst out laughing at the "single" announcement cards. I think that's a pretty classy way to go.

Anonymous said...

that was Anna, by the way.