Tuesday, January 18, 2005

10:38 am

Ever had those days where even though you've actually been productive, it wasn't productive enough to curb the edge of anxiety telling you that you have work to do? That's how I feel right now, after spending one and a half hours printing off course notes. I don't even have anything big coming up this week, just a lot in the next two, and it's already getting to me. So...apparently, an offshoot of the wanting good grades, for me, is becoming a stress-ball. Unfortunate, really.

My mum made congee (like a chinese rice-porridge) last night, because she had to get fillings done, and soft food is always dental-work friendly. I looove congee. Not the kind in restaurants, that stuff is too salty and seasoned. My mum's is the best ever, and it's made only with rice, water, a little garlic, and sometimes some dried scallops. It's heaven. And I had it for breakfast this morning. Mmm.

In other news, it's still gross outside. Raining buckets. Apparently people in lower-lying areas have had to sandbag areas, as we've had over 2 inches of rainfall. And that was as of yesterday evening. Lord knows how much we've had since. I may have to start building an ark. Even if it doesn't turn out necessary, it strikes me as an excellent excuse to get some pets.

No comments: