Friday, January 07, 2005

Feeling Noodly

So, other than academically, today was pretty productive. I went snowshoeing around the neighbourhood with my mom, I tutored, and I took my first yoga class that didn't include snickering 15 year old boys (ah, highschool. Not.).

The snowshoeing was fun (as you may have assumed, the snowiness is indeed persisting). We just wandered about, looking at all the pretty trees, and talking in a strwam of non-sequiturs, because it's hard to hear someone who's in front of you, and talking in the wrong direction. It was really quiet, except when the high school kids got out of school. Luckily, we were almost home by then.

Yoga was also really nice. I went with T and her mom, who've both done yoga before (I mean beyond my brief highschool experience). I think I did okay, although it did show me just how inflexible some of my muscle systems really are. Yikes. Fortunately, the session we went to was pretty relaxed. We went to a candlelight Hatha yoga session. There were candles everywhere, and soothing music. I am extremely relaxed, and feeling quite serene. No wonder people do yoga.

No comments: