Saturday, January 01, 2005

Am I Ready For A New Year?

Hell yeah.

I don't really know what to say about the last year; January through July was great. August and September pretty much kicked my ass, and October through December was extremely variable. All in all though, I can't really complain. I do know that I'm happy about this new year though, because it means that I can think about all the bad stuff as happening "last year" which at least sounds like it's behind me.

My actual New Year's was really nice. It was just mellow, hung out with Girly and some other friends. It was the best New Year's I've had in a long time. I think hanging out with some of your favourite people is an excellent way to ring in a new year. Of course, getting drunk and then dancing til you drop does hold its own merits, I'm sure. I sound like such an old lady. And I just learned how to knit. Sometimes I scare myself.

New Year's Resolutions, generally, are not my favourite things. I've never really done them, to be honest. I always thought they kind of sucked the fun out of the New Year. But, apparently with the whole "getting older" thing, I've decided to make a few. I figure if I complete two or three of them, I'll be pretty happy. So, here they are;

1. Learn to sew. Like actually, so I can design and cut simple patterns and make myself clothes. I've always wanted to know how to do that.
2. Get in better shape, but not by going to the gym or running (because I need to make these goals attainable, and those two things would never happen even once).
3. Knit my Alpaca Scarf
4. Improve my grades (wheee! This one is a lot harder than it would've been had I said the last year, but there's still lots of room for further improvement).
5. Travel at least once before the next school year starts, be it to Florida, Montreal, or beyond.
6. Learn to cook yummy foods that aren't desserts.
7. Read more (I can definitely do this one. Booyeah!)
8. Organize my room (heh, this one;s basically just for my mom).
9. Stay in contact with all my UBC friends that are graduating before me.
10. Become totally happy with my life, or at least as close to it as I was at this point two years ago (this, as they say, is the Big One).

Well, guess we'll have to see how I do! Happy New Year, y'all.

No comments: