Saturday, January 29, 2005

Sports Update

Have you ever been on a sports team where there are specific people that quite obviously carry the team? Your team all knows, and wait with bated breath until they show up, the other team knows, and gets visibly nervous when the "good" ones have the ball, the ref knows, and watches more closely.

Until today, that's been our futsal (indoor soccer) team. We have two key, key players. One is our goalie, a foot-thick brick wall with mobility, and one is...pretty much everything else. I'm not saying that the rest of us have suddenly overtaken them (trust me, we really, really haven't), but today, there was less random flailing on our parts, and more actual passing, directed kicking, and even scoring my other players. And we won, 8-3. Our goalie was of course crucial, and the key 'everything' player scored 6 of our 8 goals, so without them we definitely would've lost. But we didn't lose, and we didn't have many idiotic giveaways that resulted in failure, so yay!

In other "sports" news, intramural dodgeball yesterday killed me. It's not that I got pelted or anything. I think I started dodging too vigourously or something. Anyhow, whenever I need to use my thighs, I feel like I'm going to fall over. It's odd how you never realize how often you use muscle groups until they're stiff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go Team!
My first rugby game in about two months is tomorrow. Afterwards, we can have a sore muscles support group.
Amanda