Friday, January 28, 2005

Poison, and Antidote

Poison

The infuriating duplicity going on in the US Newscasting business, as described in an excellent hour of The Fifth Estate called "Sticks and Stones". Ann Coulter (for those of you who don't know, an extreme right-wing conservative), when discussing the war on Iraq with Bob McKeown, says "Canada fought with us in Vietnam, what is so different about this war?"

Bob McKeown: "...We did not send troops to Vietnam."
Ann Coulter: "I believe that you did."
Bob McKeown: "...No, we didn't. Korea, Second World War, yes. Not Vietnam."
Ann Coulter: "I think you're wrong. I'll get back to you on that."

Hey, Ann Coulter! No, we didn't.

Antidote

Watching Christine Todd Whitman, author of It's My Party Too, speak on The Daily Show. Finally, a Republican representative that I could speak with without having an apoplexy. The Daily Show as a whole was exactly what I needed, with its irreverent look at the world.

Also, visit This Is Not Over. I'm not American, but you'd better believe I'll link that.

No comments: